Thursday, July 31, 2008

MORE SMALL GROUP EXPERIENCES

Last Saturday, july 26, was our small group meeting. Two days before, as i was asking God for a topic to share and discuss with the group, He pointed me to Romans 8:31 (If God is for us, who can be against us?) and followed with a question, "What bothers you more, to be accepted by others, or to accept other people?"

Honestly, it left me wondering as to whom this message will be. After giving it much thought and deliberating with myself what impact would it bring to anyone on the meeting itself, i gave up and ended up asking God, "what is this, Lord? I can't understand and can't find a bible verse that "should" go along with the topic". Resigning with that thought, i prayed, "Lord, have Your way in me and through each and everyone of the member who will be attending the meeting. Whatever it is You may want to deliver and to whoever You may want to bring your message, so be it. I don't want to speculate or guess your agenda, but I am all willing to obey and anticipate Your hand upon us."

So, Saturday came, and the group which numbers to eight is down to only four this time and we proceeded as planned. Came the question and each one took turns giving their own answers and thought of the matter. God, with all His surprises came pounding my heart and stirred up my whole being, leading me to uncover my deepest longings to be accepted by people i consider precious to me and my struggles to accept people, Christians as well, as they are. I know in my heart that if there's someone who knows me too well, it is only Him. I can't believe the reactions i get from the group for they were saying they don't see the person i am referring to as me for they claim that it's entirely different from what i say. They started encouraging me by saying that i may be overdoing it or too preoccupied with the thought that i am not an accommodating, friendly person that it constricts me enough not to move where and how God is leading me. So clearly now that the message fell on me. It is I, whom God wanted to direct His arrows to. Several more issues were uncovered by God in the course of the discussion and encouragements. Things that i cannot share here for there is such a thing as confidentiality within the group. I'm most blessed to have this young people (too young, actually, that i consider them my own children). The age differences really don't matter. These children of God is on their way to maturity and are still moving up to higher grounds when it comes to faith. I never, even for a second, think of "teaching" or "instructing" them for i am learning a lot from them through their sharing and insights. As always, i am a mere vessel or channel of blessing from the Lord who is faithful to us all. GLORY TO THE GOD WHO DESERVES ALL OUR PRAISES! THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WHO MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICES FOR OUR SINS REIGNS IN OUR LIVES NOW AND FOREVERMORE!!

July 12,2008 cell time:

Reference for discussions: "IF NOT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD"-by Joyce Meyer

From a Christians' point of view, define "favor"
Classifying "favor" - to do something for someone is a favor; to receive something from someone is a favor given. These are natural favors-that which can be earned.

SUPERNATURAL FAVOR on the other hand, is a gift that can't be earned. It is part of grace, of the same origin from the greek word "charis" So, the Grace of God is the Favor of God, and the Favor of God is the Grace of God through our Faith. Faith is the channel by which we receive God's grace, favor and blessings.

people are sometimes drawn to us because God is giving us favor by letting His light of grace shine upon us. If we struggle and strive to get acceptance on our own, we want to give credit to ourselves, our abilities and effort, therefore losing sight of God. So, is it wrong to earn natural favor? No, because by doing all things that PRODUCE natural favor-being kind, edifying one another,etc. etc. we are actually sowing seeds for future harvest of supernatural favor. Natural favor must be a by-product of our faith, not earned by conscious efforts.
2Corinthians 9:12-15
Being favored means being featured; it means being favorite of God.


July 19,2008

Another mysterious way of God unfolded today....God made sure the message today hit the person He wanted to acknowledge the grief he/she was experiencing at the time. How the discussion came to that point,I don't know... i just followed the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Differentiate the following words: happiness, joy, sadness and sorrow.

Galatians 5:22
James1:2
Nehemiah 8:10
John 16:24

Joy is finding the greatest pleasure in God-the things closest to His heart. God will continue to reveal His character to us according to our needs and according to His purposes in us. If we are grieving-Comforter; when in need-Provider;confused-wisdom giver, etc.,etc...

Sorrow
-the greatest sorrow:
2Corinthians7:10

sorrow in paradox:
2Corinthians6:10



Post Options

No comments: